When most people think of salads, they think boring, bland and worst of all - not filling! This salad has a variety of textures, is bursting with robust flavor, is packed with essential nutrients (including protein) and will fill you up like a proper meal should. Whenever my days are packed with clients, training sessions, or meetings, this is my go-to meal. It's quick and easy prep makes this a great salad for anytime of day.
- 1/2 handful of Arugula
- 1 handful of Baby Kale
- 1 handful of Baby Spinach
- Yellow Peppers (as much as desired)
- Red Peppers (as much as desired)
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- 1 Lemon Half
- 2 teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions for dressing
- Cut lemon in half.
- Squeeze half of lemon into small glass container (be sure to remove all seeds).
- Add 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Stir your mixture with a fork (you'll know the dressing is ready when the honey has dissolved).
- Cook your quinoa.
- Wash your baby kale, arugula and spinach.
- Cut your yellow & red peppers into small chunks.
- Place your greens in a bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of your cooked quinoa.
- Add yellow and red peppers.
- Drizzle honey-lemon dressing over your quinoa salad & enjoy!